Delphi Full Day
take a look at the marvellous
sites and spots of Athens
How we start our trip!
Our suggestion if possible is to start our tour at 08:00 am.
You will have the added benefit of visiting archaeological sites at different times from the large tour buses and groups of visitors, thus enabling you to experience the wonderful monuments and learn their history at a time of the day when they are not overcrowded.
At Delphi, we will visit Castalia spring, the ancient Sanctuary of Apollo, the Treasury of the Athenians, the ancient Stadium, the ancient Theatre, the unique bronze Charioteer, and the Museum.Delphi is both an archaeological site and a modern town on the southwestern slope of Mount Parnassus in the valley of Phocis. In Greek mythology, it was the navel of the earth, the site of the Delphic Oracle and a major site for the worship of god Apollo after he slew the Python, a dragon who protected the navel of the earth.
Apollo spoke through his oracle.
The priestess of the oracle known as the Pythia had to be an older woman and sat on a tripod seat over an opening in the earth.
possessed Pythia and
People consulted the
Delphic Oracle on
important matters of
public policy to
The Oracle exerted considerable influence throughout the Greek world and consulted before all major events.
The ancient Stadium held the Python Games, which were one of the four Pan-Hellenic Games held every four years.
The duration of the tour is approximately 9-10 hours.
• For students from E.U (student id is required)
• Free entrance: For children up to 5 years old
• Free entrance: For children up to 25 years old from E.U Countries
• Reduced entrance fee for students outside the E.U
• Reduced entrance fee for children from 6 up to 25 years old outside the E.U
• Reduced entrance fee for citizens over 65 years old from E.U Countries
• Winter: From November 1 to March 31 08:30 until 15:00
• Summer: From April 1 to October 31 08:00 until 19:30
• January 1st: closed
• January 6th: 08:30 until 15:00
• Shrove Monday: 08:30 until 15:00
• March 25th: closed
• Good Friday: 12:00 until 17:00
• Holy Saturday: 08:30 until 15:00
• Easter Sunday: closed
• Easter Monday: closed
• May 1st: closed
• Holy Spirit day: 08:30 until 15:00
• August 15th: 08:30 until 15:00
• October 28th: 08:00 until 15:00
• December 25th: closed
• December 26th: closed